Many of you probably do not know, but in a former incarnation as a vegan, Todd attended the Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health. So, he's got a great collection of incredibly healthy recipes. This one, in particular, is easy!!
As the name suggests, this could be substituted for mashed potatoes, but would also make a great breakfast.
For health benefits of millet, check out this link at World's Healthiest Foods!
1-1/4 cups millet
1 onion, chopped
2 T oil
1 head cauliflower
1 tsp salt
4 cups water
shoyu (to taste)
1. Wash and drain the millet.
2. Saute onion in oil until translucent.
3. Saute millet in oil with onion until it darkens and smells like popcorn (approx. 10 minute), stirring constantly.
4. Add cauliflower, salt, and water, and bring to a boil, covered.
5. Simmer until very soft and moist for about 40 minutes. All liquid should be absorbed.
6. Put millet and cauliflower through a food mill, season with shoyu.