Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gary Jules - a follow up...

Here am I with my new friend, Gary Jules:)


He played at Cafe du Nord in San Francisco last night and I had been patiently waiting for the 17th of July to arrive. I made dinner reservations, and since it was a standing only show, Todd and I were part of a handful of folks that actually had seats! The food left something to be desired, but the entertainment was wonderfully fabulous.

I was turned on to Gary Jules in January when my dad stumbled upon his rendition of "Mad World" on MySpace. His voice has a Cat Stevens quality to it that I adore! I immediately added Gary as a friend to be updated on upcoming tour events. Am I so glad that I did! I'm thinking that I need to add more bands to my MySpace friends. It's such a great way to keep informed of upcoming shows.

Anyway, Gary is a great storyteller and entertainer, not to mention a great singer/songwriter. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his beautiful voice and also hearing about the tour so far with Jim Bianco, the tales of the coffee shop woman in North Carolina (where he now resides), and the gay bar in Oklahoma. Gary and Jim make a great pair, and if you happen to be in the area, I highly recommend getting some tix!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails