Friday, May 25, 2007

The Postcard Game - Sounds like fun!

I stumbled upon a blog by Jennifer Dangerfield (what a great name!) and she's recently started to turn her jewelry design into a business, it sounds like.
As a way of commemorating and celebrating, she's started The Postcard Game.
Here's what she has to say about it:

"
The question is this: would you be willing to send me a postcard (kitsch or cute, reality or technicolour touch-up, beauty or beast - the choice is yours) from wherever you are in the world to me in little old England? In return, I would like to offer you some beautiful jewellery as a prize.

Briefly, if you email me & tell me that you'd like to play, I'll send you a code number for every postcard that you'd like to send. Whenever I receive a postcard, I will scan it & post a picture of it along with the code number on this blog. Come the day of the draw to be held in, let's say, a month's time after the start of the competition, I shall press-gang my MILlie ( Mother In Law) into drawing a number out of the hat. Don't worry - there'll be some innocent bystanders to ensure justice."

She's also decided to donate $1 for every postcard she receives (cut off at $250) to Ovarian Cancer Action. Like me, she lost her mother to ovarian cancer after her mother (and Drs.) mistook the symptoms for menopause. I think it's a great idea and a worthy cause, so if you're reading this, I think it would be a nice gesture to head on over to Jennifer's site and comment so she can send you an address for the post card! (Oh yeah, she's also holding a drawing with prizes - her own beautiful jewelry!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails