Friday, June 8, 2007

View of a Prairie Window

I've been wanting to take pictures of the Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie Window that I've been working on for the last month, but keep forgetting to bring the camera with me when I'm at the studio. Then last week, I remembered to take the camera to the studio to take pictures of my window all cut up, but alas! I forgot the camera battery.

So, I began leading the window, figuring it will be awhile before I finish. I'm bound to get a picture of it at some point. Of course, I was right! It will take awhile before I finish.
Here are the before pictures I took at the studio on Tuesday:

Tuesday afternoons, from 11:00am to 2:00pm, are Independent Study times. In three hours, this is what I accomplished:
See the little area in the middle? The approximately 3" by 7" area with all the mitred cuts, and tiny pieces?!? Yup, this will definitely take awhile to finish.
Fortunately, it's a somewhat meditative process, and I enjoy it - in 3 hour sessions.

Previous posts:
http://www.calyxann.com/2007/04/picture-of-prairie-window.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails